MOHS In the News
Class of 2022 12th Grade (seniors) Parking Lottery: August 17, 2021
• Applications accepted on August 17th, in person(No email applications accepted)
• Mount Olive High School Commons
• 8:00 am – 10:00 am
• Students will receive the Class Code which contains all vital information & application via email no later than July 29th.
• Only 12th Grade (seniors) are eligible to apply
Questions or concerns contact Mr. Falleni or Mrs. Fry (973)-927-2208 ext. 7201
The Exceptional Class of 2021
Class of 2021 Academic Accomplishments:
- 85% percent of the graduates will be pursuing post-secondary education, with 60% attending four-year colleges and universities.
- Our seniors have been accepted to colleges and universities across the country including Carnegie Mellon University, Northeastern University, Swarthmore College, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Lehigh University.
- 91 students have opted to remain in the state of New Jersey to attend one of our fine four-year institutions, while 99 students will start college utilizing the resources of our community college network.
- 33 graduates will enter the workforce, while 7 graduates from this class will serve our nation as members of the Armed Forces.
- Our Guidance Center estimates that over a four-year period, the Class of 2020 will receive more than two million dollars in financial assistance. Through the generosity of this community, over $40,000 was awarded by Mount Olive area sponsors. We appreciate their commitment and support in helping our young people make their dreams a reality.
- 3 students were recognized as National Merit Commended students and 1 of them was awarded the National Merit Scholarship.
- A number of seniors received the NJ State Seal as well as the Global Seal of Biliteracy which states that these students are fluent in one language and some in two languages other than English.
- 1 senior earned her gold award in Girl Scouts.
- MORT (the Mount Olive Robotics Team) won the district Chairman's award, the most esteemed honor in FIRST robotics.
- Our MATE team, which stands for Marine Advanced Technology Education performed very well at the MATE Pennsylvania Regional Competition earning 3rd Overall 3rd Place Team, 3rd Place Product Demonstration, 3rd Place Engineering Presentation, 3rd Place Marketing Display, 3rd Place Technical Engineering Notebook, and the SME ROV Design Elegance Award.
Art Department Accomplishments:
- Earning 2nd Place in Photography at the Wallkill Invitational Art Competition.
- At the ArtRox Invitational Competition seniors were awarded 2nd Place for Drawing, 1st Place for Photography, the Best in Show award, 2 students received Advanced Placement Acceptance at New Jersey City University, and Scholarships awarded for senior art students totaled $466,000.
- At the Montville Township High School Virtual Visions Competition seniors were awarded 1st Place for Drawing, 3rd Place in Photography, Honorable Mention Photography, and a Scholarship from the University of Hartford was awarded to one senior.
Drama Club Accomplishments:
- Students performed in their first virtual play, “Check, Please!”.
- A senior student directed the Spring Cabaret, Songs of the Decade.
- Seniors received excellent scores from Paper Mill Rising Star program.
- Two seniors won Morris County Teen Arts: one for dramatic theatre and one for musical theatre.
- Two seniors participated in NJ State Teen Arts.
- Senior students helped direct our middle schoolers in Into the Woods, Jr.
Air Force JROTC Accomplishments:
- 17 seniors are the very first cadets within the school's Air Force JROTC program to complete all 4 years. They joined as Freshmen in the inaugural year of the program and were essential in standing up the unit at Mount Olive High School.
- 15 seniors joined 53 fellow cadets in recognizing our nation's Prisoner of War & Missing In Action by marching the POW/MIA flag around Turkey Brook Park non-stop during the 24-hour POW/MIA vigil. The cadets covered over 750 miles in their combined effort.
- 7 seniors held executive leadership positions in JROTC this year. They successfully planned, organized, and executed extra-curricular activities, morale events, competitions, and community service, all within the COVID-19 limitations.
- 1 senior established a new Honor Society within Mount Olive High School, known as the Kitty Hawk Air Society. They orchestrated the application and approval process and ran the first induction ceremony that included 3 additional seniors.
National Honor Society Accomplishments:
- National Honor Society was led by 7 senior officers this year -- all of whom made outstanding contributions for the good of their school and community.
Athletic Department Accomplishments:
- Athletics contributed to our school and community, generating a great deal of spirit and pride as our student-athletes competed with determination, focusing on both team and personal goals.
- Over 75 graduates were named to All-Conference, All-County, and All-State Teams in various sports,
- Mount Olive won a conference championship in Football; and were state sectional finalists in Softball and Girls' Soccer; as well as a Cup Finalist in Ice Hockey
- Over 30 graduates will be continuing their athletic careers at the collegiate level with several graduates receiving athletic scholarships in their chosen sports.
***June 14th - June 22nd***
MOHS will follow a shortened day schedule. Students will be dismissed at 11:20 am
Mount Olive High School is very excited to announce the Class of 2021 Valedictorians and Salutatorians:
Sara Seelman has earned the standing of Valedictorian for the Class of 2021. She is the daughter of Michael and Elana Seelman. Sara has been a member of our Leo’s club, our Key club, our World Language Honor Society, our National English Honor Society, our National Science Honor Society, National Math Honor Society, and the National Honor Society. She competes on our science league team and sings with the Madrigals. Sara is a member of our Marauder Marching Band where she performs on the color guard team. Sara will attend Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute where she will study Biomedical Engineering. Sara with Principal Moore and Vice Principal Feltmann
Sara with Principal Moore and Vice Principal Feltmann
Nicholas Tarallo has earned the standing of Valedictorian for the Class of 2021. He is the son of Joseph and Colette Tarallo. Nick has been a member of the MORT Robotics team, the Marauder Marching Band, our Jazz Ensemble, and has competed on our science league team. Nick will attend Northeastern University and will study Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
Nick with Principal Moore and Vice Principal Feltmann
Alyssa Dowd has earned the standing of Salutatorian for the Class of 2021. She is the daughter of Andrew and Christine Dowd. Alyssa has competed as a member of the Marauder swim team and spring track team. She is the treasurer of the Leo’s club and vice president of the National Math Honor Society. Alyssa also volunteers in her community, working with PEAK t-ball. Alyssa will attend Rutgers University where she will study Biological Sciences.
Vedh Koutha has earned the standing of Salutatorian for the Class of 2021. He is the son of Ramakrishna and Geetha Koutha. Vedh is the co-programming lead on our MORT Robotics team, is a member of the Marauder Wind Ensemble and the NJ Region Band, and our FBLA club. He is in our National Honor Society and competes for our soccer and tennis teams. Vedh also volunteers in the community at Hackettstown Hospital. Vedh will attend Georgia Institute of Technology and will study Computer Science.
Read More School News