Physical education (P.E.) is a vital component to a well-rounded education we all desire for our children. In order to maintain a safe and healthy atmosphere within our program, the students need to ahere to the following policies:
- Students must be prepared for safe participation in all Physical Education classes. Sneakers with laces or velcro straps are required. No elevated sole or heels, no sandals or slip-ons.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn on P.E. days (sweats/sport pants or shorts, t-shirts in accordance with the Board of Education) and sweatshirt or lightweight jacket for cooler weather. No dresses, skirts or jewerly.
- Your child does not benefit from sitting out of activity. Therefore, whenever a physical ailment occurs, we suggest a written note requesting limited participation with an explanation of the ailment/injury (for example if your child has a sore finger we could allow jogging and stretching activities; when recovering from a cold, your child could walk instead of jog, and do less repetitions of exercises).
- When long term excuses are neccessary(2 weeks or longer) we request a written note by a physician with a date for return to full activity.
- All children are expected to participate in all activities willingly, while demonstrating cooperation, sportsmanship, and an appplication of the concepts presented in class.